Create QR Codes for Your WordPress Website Quickly and Easily
QR Codes for WordPress is a plug-in that can create an unlimited number of QR Codes for use in posts and pages on your website.
Creates QR codes in the following formats:
- Browse to a website
- Bookmark a website
- Make a phone call
- Send an SMS message
- Send an email
- Send a vCard
- Send a meCard
- Create a vCalendar event
- Youtube URL for iPhone
- Tweet on Twitter
- Create Blackberry Messenger user
- WIFI Network for Android
- Free Formatted Text
- Save unlimited number of QR codes, use then anywhere in your posts and pages
- Export tags to desktop
- Add color to the tags or generate with a picture background
- Copy the QR image to clipboard
- Different size options
- Widget allowing qr code creation on main site or membership.
- Vector image formats for print
Download: QR Codes for WordPress plugin
- Installation via WordPress Dashboard:
- Navigate to Plugins->Add New
- Upload the qr-codes-wp.zip file and click “Install Now”
- Activate the plugin
Installation via FTP
- Unzip the qr-codes-wp.zip file on your computer.
- Upload ‘qr-codes-wp’ folder to the ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin in the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress Dashboard
To create QR codes click QR Codes for WordPress in from the menu in the WordPress control panel. Enter the following information:
- Name - Any label you can use to refer your saved QR code in Posts and Pages.
- Code Action – Choose from the list.
- Depending on which action you select in step 2 will determine what information you need to enter here. By default Website Url shows up because Browse to a Website is selected in Code Action above.
- Alignment – The alignment of how the QR code will show up in your post.
- Click Add Tag
Your QR Code has been saved, you should see a preview of your new QR code. To use edit saved codes click Tags from the admin menu for a list.